Fast Facts: UConn Health Outpatient Pavilion
Summary: Approximately 300,000 square feet outpatient facility
Parking garage with approximately 1,100 spots for patients and staff
Estimated Cost: $203 million
Construction Schedule: 2012 to 2014
Bioscience Connecticut includes the construction of a new outpatient facility on the lower campus of UConn Health.
Elements of the Plan Include:
- Approximately 300,000 square feet and 1,1 00 space parking garage
- Estimated cost: $203 million
- Construction: 2012 to 2014
This facility will be built using private financing. A design-builder will be hired for the parking, site work, core and shell of the building. The fit out of the building will be done with a traditional design/bid/build process.
Outpatient Pavilion to Include:
- Relocation of an array of outpatient services that are now housed in the Dowling South and Dowling North Medical Office Buildings, as well as services currently in the main UConn Health building.
- Patient-centered services such as a café, retail space for a commercial pharmacy and an optical shop, and more.
- Connectivity to a new parking garage, Garage One.
Departments That Will Be Located in the UConn Health Outpatient Pavilion Include:
- Internal Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Radiation Oncology, including TomoTherapy
- Vascular Surgery
- Blood Drawing Stations
- Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Comprehensive Spine Center and Neurosurgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- The Center for Successful Aging (Geriatrics)
- Infectious Diseases
Follow work on the Outpatient Pavilion construction. This is not streaming video but a snapshot; the views are updated every half hour. Want to see progress from the beginning? Click on the calendar.